Volunteer Board of Director Position
The Board will support the work of the Seniors Services Society (SSSBC) by providing leadership and strategic governance which is congruent with the vision and mission of the society. Directors must act honestly and in good faith and in the best interests of the Society and exercise the care, diligence, and skill of a reasonably prudent person in exercising the powers and performing the functions of a Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend and prepare for all Board, Committee, training, and planning sessions;
- Develop and monitor SSSBC governance policies;
- Plan for the future of the Society (strategic planning);
- Ensure the organization complies with the laws governing the Society;
- Ensure there is adequate funding to carry out the goals of the Society;
- Appoints members of committees;
- Ensure proper functioning of committees, recruitment of new board members, and orientations;
- Evaluate the success and performance of the Society’s programs and committees;
- Evaluate the Chief Executive Officer every year;
- Evaluate the board’s performance;
- Participate in any committees or task forces when required;
- Declare any conflict of interest arising;
While day-to-day operations are led by the Society’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership. The appropriate involvement of the Board of Directors is both critical and expected. Directors are accountable to the members of the Society.
Seniors Services Society of BC is a non-profit agency located in New Westminster, BC which provides support services for seniors in New Westminster to live independently, as well as housing information across BC and housing outreach services for seniors in the Lower Mainland. Our Mission: To connect adults 60+ with individual support and housing navigation services to enhance their lives.